The Grant County Parks and Recreation Department is a team of professionals committed to facilitating the growth and development of recreational opportunities, as well as managing the care and upkeep of park land in the Grant County area. Through continued efforts, we will promote and improve our present activities and facilities to enrich the quality of life and pride in our community.
Grant County currently owns and manages three county parks.
*Grant County Park sits on 55 acres and is located at 144 South Main Street, Crittenden KY 41030.
The park amenities include the following:
- 8 shelters that may be rented. Shelter 3 the largest shelter is $25 all other shelters $20.
- Lloyd’s Welfare House rents for $200, seats 100 people. This option does come equipped with a refrigerator, restrooms and long rectangular tables and metal fold down chairs.
- Cattle Barn that seats up to at least 200. This barn does not have heat/air or restrooms.
- Outdoor amphitheater available for rent $20.
- 3 playground areas.
- 2 baseball/softball fields as well as 2 T-ball fields.
- 2 outdoor basketball courts.
- Volleyball area.
- Marked recreational trails throughout the wooded areas of the park.
- Home to the Little League, summer camps and many other county events.
*Jonesville Park – Jonesville
The Park features a shelter, playground, sand volleyball court and outdoor basketball court. It sits nicely in a country setting overlooking a rural family farm.
14460 Jonesville Rd, Jonesville
*Mt. Zion Park – Mt. Zion
This rural park is available for all residents and visitors to enjoy. Amenities include a picnic shelter and playground; a great place to bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the afternoon with family or friends!
Elliston Mt. Zion Rd, Mt. Zion, Kentucky
Other facilities managed by the Grant County Parks & Rec:
*Mullins Field – Williamstown
This facility has two shelters, two lighted baseball/softball fields and public restrooms. Barnes Rd, Williamstown
*Memorial Fields – Williamstown
Two regulation soccer fields are located on Eibeck Lane in Williamstown and is home to the Grant County Youth Soccer and Williamstown Schools Soccer programs.
Eibeck Lane, Williamstown
*Sherman Tavern –
One of the last stagecoach stops left standing in Kentucky is our very own Sherman Tavern. Friends of the Sherman Tavern (private donors and the G.C. Historical Society) are in the process of restoring the Sherman Tavern in Dry Ridge. The future plans for this facility are to have schools and organizations tour the historic site with re-creations of the life and times of those who worked/stayed at taverns during their travels through Kentucky.
*The Grant County Park is also home to two historical buildings:
- Lloyd’s Welfare House
- Rice Chapel
Office hours are M-F 8:30-4:00 p.m.
101 N. Main Street
Williamstown KY 41097
Mattie Gutman Parks and Recreation Director
Tony Hall Parks and Recreation Assistant Director